City Lodge Hotels is open for business
City Lodge Hotel Group is starting to open up its hotels in a phased response to business traveller demand as South Africa has moved to Level 3 alert of the lockdown.
The group has been busy during Levels 5 and 4 preparing its properties to open in a Covid-19 world. Some properties have offered quarantine accommodation while others have accommodated essential services, now extended to include business travellers.
Not all of the group’s hotels will open at the same time, with specific hotels in key locations earmarked for initial trading where larger numbers of business travellers may reasonably be expected. In time, and as business picks up, the group will open more of its hotels. The following 15 hotels are open to business travellers and essential services workers during this phase:
· City Lodge Hotel at OR Tambo International Airport
· City Lodge Hotel Bryanston
· Town Lodge George
· Town Lodge Menlo Park
· Town Lodge Polokwane
· Road Lodge Bloemfontein Airport
· Road Lodge Cape Town International Airport
· Road Lodge Durban
· Road Lodge East London
· Road Lodge Mbombela
· Road Lodge N1 City
· Road Lodge Pietermaritzburg
· Road Lodge Port Elizabeth
· Road Lodge Richards Bay
· Road Lodge Rustenburg
City Lodge Hotel Group has stringent, multi-disciplinary measures in place to keep front and back of house clean and safe including:
· Health screenings for both guests and staff upon entering their buildings which includes sanitization of hands, temperature check and questionnaire.
· Social distancing signage and enforcement of best practices by hotel management.
· Specialised deep cleaning using a leading polycide chemical.
· Strict room cleaning policies to eliminate cross-contamination between rooms.
· Individually packaged food service to ensure you receive a tasty meal with limited risk.
· To kill any potential viral matter, linen and towels are washed on the hottest wash cycle at 80°C.
· Personal protection equipment, such as face masks, gloves and aprons, will be worn by staff at all times.
· Guests to wear face masks in public areas at all times.
· Ongoing training to keep their staff informed and well-versed in best practises.
· Periodic independent Covid-19 Risk Assessment Audits by FCS, a reputable third party.
“We are delighted to welcome back our business travellers and have gone to extra lengths to ensure we are ready and they are reassured that our tip-top, loving and clean promise remains intact. In fact, we have a reputable independent company conducting Covid-19 risk assessment audits on our hotels and the first property to be tested, City Lodge Hotel Bryanston, has achieved a 98% score on the hygiene audit and 100% on the microbiological index. This gives us confidence that our revamped procedures and operations are effective,” says Lindiwe Sangweni-Siddo, chief operating officer of City Lodge Hotel Group.
More information on the group’s safety protocols is available on the website www.clhg.com